So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 15 Pazo de Senorans Albarino (Rias Baixas): Crisp, clean, bright, and long. So, basically, it's kind of like a wine TRON lazer beam. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Chateau Sainte Marguerite Symphony Cru Classe Rose (Cotes de Provence Protegee): Passion of fruit;passion of everything else, too. $34 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Forget-Brimont Premier Cru Brut (Champagne): Not the most complex puzzle, but easy-going & delicious enough not to be forgotten. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Dutton Goldfield Fox Den Vineyard Pinot Noir (Green Valley of Russian River Valley): Boisterous, almost to a fault. **Almost**. $62 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Maggy Hawk Jolie Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): A vinous suffragette movement; certainly feminine, and not lacking for power. $66 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Maggy Hawk Hawkster Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): Plenty of beauty, plenty of brawn; certainly not mutually exclusive in this case $66 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cameron Hughes Private Reserve Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Declassified classiness; basically, a killer bargain. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Capensis Chardonnay (Western Cape): Textured like the Bayeux Tapestry, nearly as long, and almost as pretty an experience. $80 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Grand Vin de Reignac Cuvee Speciale (Bordeaux Superieur): When the funk dances off, then the Merlot starts its own dancing. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Adegas Gran Vinum Nessa Albarino (Rias Baixas): What, you don't like them boisterous? Well, too goddamned bad for you, then. $17 B >>find this wine<<