So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 16 Bastianich Vini Orsone Friulano (Friuli-Venezia Giulia): Get yer thinking cap on, you'll need it for this textural, intellectual 1 $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Bastianich Plus Colli Orientali del Friuli (Friuli-Venezia Giulia): Old in spirit, but powerful & fresh in nearly all other ways. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Chateau Montelena Winery Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Juicy, minty, smokey, & proving that CM haven't missed a beat. $58 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Steven Kent Winery Lineage (Livermore Valley): Checking in a year later &… yep, it's still a complete, total, & utter stunner. $155 A >>find this wine<<
- 16 Steven Kent Winery Lola White Whine (Livermore Valley): Fresh, zesty, & proud of the fresh ginger it just picked up at the market. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Chappellet Signature Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Three cheers for Petit Verdot & supporting cast, who almost steal the show. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Maculan Dindarello Moscato (Veneto): A bargain cornucopia of honey, flowers, fresh & dried fruits, with fun & elegance on the side $25 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Tenuta di Corte Giacobbe Vigneto Runcata (Soave Superiore): Rarely does Soave get this serious, or this, well, uhm… suave. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Rose (Champagne): Red berry fruit muscles are being flexed by someone who's been training in the offseason $53 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Weingut Kofererhof Gewurztraminer Alto Adige Valle Isarco (Trentino-Alto Adige): Flowers, flowers, flowers, loveliness, & flowers. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<