So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Ponzi Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Sometimes, you just want the softer, silkier, spicier side of things; let's chill, shall we? $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Ponzi Pinot Gris (Willamette Valley): Welcommme to dee tropics, mahhhhhhnnnnn! Have a fruity drink, or two. Or twenty! S'all good! $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 Tartan Cellars Tempranillo (Willamette Valley): Que puedo decir, ella vive en Oregon, pero ella pasa a hablar espanol muy, muy bien $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 Tartan Cellars Dolcetto (Willamette Valley): Oh, sorry, from behind you so totally looked like this friend of mine from Italy. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Torii Mor Olson Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir (Dundee Hills): Sinewy, svelte elegance; do you really need any more info than that? $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Torii Mor Deux Verres Reserve Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Full-on country picnic, & someone brought all high-end accessories. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Torii Mor Willamette Valley Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Be careful, this one's spry, and will corner you with pepper & clove. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Torii Mor Pinot Blanc (Yamhill Carlton): Today's plan is get to the Flower shop, Apple stand, spice rack, & then citrus orchard. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Troon Vineyard Syrah Reserve (Applegate Valley): Old School spicy, structured, & demanding; you'd better bring meat, & lots of it. $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Troon Vineyard Old Vine Meritage (Applegate Valley): Crushing dried herbs with modern, funky, attitude-filled dance floor moves. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Troon Vineyard Kubi Bench Zinfandel (Applegate Valley): Graphite and jam that are almost trembling with edgy, lithe nervousness. $25 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Troon Vineyard Foundation 72 Vermentino (Applegate Valley): Serious take on a serious white grape, but you'll be pining for Corsica $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Troon Vineyard The River Guide Dry Riesling (Applegate Valley): Not just the guide, but includes the salty river stones, too. $16 B >>find this wine<<