So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Amista Gloeckner Turner Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon (Rockpile): Savory flirt! But don't underestimate the substance under the surface $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Amista Syrah (Dry Creek Valley): For those who prefer their meat be served with spices, a touch of delicacy, & a lot of care. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Amista Morningstar Vineyards Tres Red (Dry Creek Valley): Perfume spritzed on a bedrock of dark, peppery, brooding red fruit. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Amista Morningsong Vineyards Chardonnay (Dry Creek Valley): Bringing the flowers, the steel & the minerals to the dry creek. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Boschendal Appellation Series Chardonnay (Elgin): All dressed up to the nines, flaunting its wares, but also keeping its cool. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Boschendal Appellation Series Pinot Noir (Elgin): You could concoct a gourmet berry, bacon & herb dressing; or, just drink this. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Bellingham The Bernard Series Bush Vine Pinotage (Coastal Region): Things at this barbeque just got very, very, VERY serious. $44 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Bellingham The Bernard Series Old Vine Chenin Blanc (Coastal Region): The term Full Monty doesn't really even begin to describe it $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Claypool Cellars CC Pachyderm Rice-Spivak Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): It's about as complex as a good prog rock anthem. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Prinz Salm Berg Roxheim Riesling Spatlase (Nahe): Green tea with a bit of honey? Stone fruit on a bed of flowers? Count me in. $49 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Lieb Cellars Blanc de Blancs Pinot Blanc Brut (Long Island): Yellow apples making most east coast bubbles green with jealousy. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<