So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Bott Tokaji Furmint Csontos (Tokaj-Hegyalja): Linear & focused enough to serve as a capable scientific laser-calibration device. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 St. Amant Winery Lodi Native Marian's Vineyard Mokelumne River Zinfandel (Lodi): Pours glasses like potato chips, U can't stop @ 1 $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Cornerstone Cellars Michael's Cuvee Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Bordering on full-on-spa-expensive-treatment-like indulgence $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Kanonkop Kadette (Stellenbosch): When it comes to Pinotage blends, isn't it about time to promote this one to Ensign, at least? $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Clayhouse Estate Show Pony Red Cedar Vineyard Petite Sirah (Paso Robles): Showing off for sure, in a big, bold, silky, inky style. $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Buglioni Il Bugiardo Ripasso (Valpolicella Classico Superiore): This one goes out on Halloween night dressed up as an Amarone. $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 VIE Whitehawk Vineyard Syrah (Santa Barbara County): This sweetly juicy, it probably shouldn't be this damned meat-ily excellent. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Joseph Drouhin Chorey-Les-Beaune (Chorey-Les-Beaune): Delicate little flower of a Pinot, sporting its own delicate little flowers. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Bonterra Pinot Noir (Mendocino County): Fan of raspberry and acidic lift? Then you're in luck, if you're also a big fan of wood. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Donnafugata SuSur Grillo (Sicily): Chirping a Summer song white flowers and fruit that's more refreshing than a cold lemonade. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<