So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Dutton Goldfield Dutton Ranch Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Black raspberry ice cream has got nothing on this deliciousness. $44 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Balletto Cider Ridge Vineyard Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Like eating fresh apricots & toasted marshmallow on the beach. $38 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Balletto BCD Vineyard Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Sometimes, the choice between darkness & light runs right up the center. $42 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Pascal Jolivet Sancerre Rose (Sancerre): Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom! $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Poet's Leap Riesling (Columbia Valley): Maybe not totally magical this time around, but still lithe, mineral, & totally gorgeous. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Spell Wines Weir Vineyard Pinot Noir (Yorkville Highlands): Confident, poised, earthy & just a tad too understated for this crowd. $48 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Spell Wines Terra de Promissio Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Will get you drunk on purity, very likely both figuratively & literally. $58 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Cameron Hughes Lot 508 Syrah (Los Carneros): Big, bold and burly, and very capably cooking up some aromatic maple bacon action. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Gabbiano Solatio Rosso di Toscana (Toscana): Mixing things up, modernly-styled, with earth-&-spice appeal; emphasis on the appeal. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Egger-Ramer Schiava Gentile Edelvernatsch (Alto Adige): Genteel and gentle, peppery and bright, and probably gone in a flash. $14 B >>find this wine<<