So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Don Propsero Pinot Noir Reserva (Uruguay): Fresh and bright, but this handsome South American stranger has a darker side, too. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Don Prospero Tannat Malbec (Uruguay): Will require something grilled to tame it & put its juiciness on a long & leathery leash. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Don Prospero Tannat (Uruguay): The Don, smoking a pipe, wearing leather, & holding flowers, is most definitely IN at the moment. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 06 Pizzorno Primo (Uruguay): Darkness that practically jumps out of the glass, but who can blame it with so much going on in there? $90 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Pizzorno Tinto Reserva (Uruguay): Deep, dark, savory, brooding fruits want to look into your deep, dark, savory, brooding steak. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Pizzorno Reserva Brut Nature (Uruguay): Two – Chardonnay & Pinot – in a minerally, yeasty, refreshing stand against nature. $25 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Pizzorno Chardonnay Brut (Uruguay): An intense & entertaining juggling display performed with dozens of fresh yellow apples. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Irurtia Km 0 Cuvee Gran Reserva (Uruguay): Offers a savory & sophisticated red argument for blending both grapes *and* vintages. $55 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Irurtia Km 0 Gran Reserva Tannat Roble (Uruguay): Imagine a Starbucks where they were roasting someone else's excellent coffee. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Irurtia Km 0 Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon (Uruguay): Don't close yer eyes, you'll think it's Aussie, in a totally buoyant & silky way $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Irurtia Km 0 Reserva Sauvignon Blanc (Uruguay): Vivacious without being vicious, and heady without being too headstrong. $15 B >>find this wine<<