So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Raptor Ridge Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir (Chehalem Mountains): Vibrant, racy, pure, and with nary a score to settle with anyone. $48 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Raptor Ridge Reserve Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Hearty is probably the right word for its largesse and its earthy appeal. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Raptor Ridge Willamette Valley Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Fresh and tingly comfort wine, geared for fresh comfort foods. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Raptor Ridge Pinot Gris (Willamette Valley): Sweet melons and wet river stones, all temporarily acting as kissing cousins. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Two Hands Sexy Beast Cabernet Sauvignon (McLaren Vale): The sooner you admit that it is, in fact, sexy, the better off you'll be. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Gustave Lorentz Riesling Reserve (Alsace): Orchard levels of crisp fruit, car battery levels of acid; have crevice at the ready. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Moet & Chandon Rose Imperial (Champagne): Is "sextural" a word? Let's just say for now it is a word and we'll go with that, okay? $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Uvaggio Primitivo (Lodi): If only more of its Italian brethren churned out Zin as tasty and zesty as this… sigh… if only… $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Uvaggio Vermentino (Lodi): One foot on California land, one foot on Mediterranean shoreline, head in the clouds and loving it. $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Spring Valley Vineyard Uriah (Walla Walla Valley): Asking no quarter for its dark ripeness, & giving none in its heat in return. $48 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Chateau La Gordonne La Chapelle Gordonne Rose (Cotes de Provence): It will explain why all rose journeys should begin in Provence. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<