I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Segura Viudas Brut Reserva Cava (Catalonia): Kind of like Ol’ Reliable at this point, isn’t it? $10 B-
- 2016 Tasca d’Almerita Tenuta Tascante ‘Ghiaia Nera’ Etna Rosso (Sicily): Floral, vibrant, & spicy – an Etna Trifecta. $18 B+
- 2018 Utopia ‘Bliss’ Pinot Noir Blanc (Ribbon Ridge): An out of the ordinary pink that will please even ordinary drinkers. $45 B+
- 2017 Utopia Vineyard Pinot Noir (Ribbon Ridge): Dark fruits, dark structure, serious intent. $48 A-
- 2018 Eberle ‘Cotes-du-Robles’ (Paso Robles): The game here is smoked game, ripe fruits, and beguiling spiciness. $34 B+
- 2017 The Steven Kent Winery Ghielmetti Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Livermore Valley): Believe the hype about this vintage in Livermore, folks. L-E-G-I-T! $65 A
- 2019 Flora Springs Soliloquy White Wine (Napa Valley): Demonstrably large, definitely generous, decidedly delicious. $50 A-
- 2017 Flora Springs Merlot (Napa Valley): Jammy, herbal, and solidifying its place as a solid pick. $35 B+
- 2017 Locanda Beckstoffer GIII Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Rutherford): Both imposing and impossibly charming in its impressiveness. $180 A
- 2012 Barboursville Vineyards Paxxito (Virginia): Candied fruit and canned – er bottled! – delight. $36 A-