So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Red Car Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): From perfume to flowers to herbs to berries, this one lacks for almost nada. $68 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Murdoch James High Block Pinot Noir (Martinborough): Ah, to run the fine, gritty texture of fertile earth between one’s fingers… $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Spell Estate Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Unctuous, curvy, and delicious; she has a bit of a feisty side to her, too. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Spell Estate Nichole’s Blend Pinot Noir (Sonoma County): Nichole? Oh, you’d like Nichole; she’s down to earth and very pretty. $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Spell Estate Rose Vin Gris Of Pinot Noir (Sonoma County): Background singer decked out in full-on glitter-studded 70s funk regalia $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Gunderloch Nackenheim Riesling Trocken (Rheinhessen): Can Riesling be elegant & burly? This is making a decent case for the combo. $34 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Bonny Doon Vineyard Le Cigare Blanc Beeswax Vineyard (Arroyo Seco): Remaining one of the biggest Rhone bargains not from the Rhone $28 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Bonny Doon Vineyard Le Cigare Volant (California): A hot kitchen is the only thing marring this peppery, savory meal of a beverage $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 2013 Fields Family Wines Lodi Native Stampede Vineyard Clement Hills Zinfandel (Lodi): For when ribs go spicy, succulent & gourmet. $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Three Rivers Winery Steel Chardonnay (Columbia Valley): The bucket might be steely, but the apples it’s carrying are fresh & crisp $14 B+ >>find this wine<<