So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Lasseter Family Winery Amoureux (Sonoma Valley): A very long draw on a very large, very spicy, and very high-quality cigar. $64 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Lasseter Family Winery Chemin de Fer (Sonoma Valley): Viscous, brambly, dark, and big; it's a GSM as a Mr. Universe contestant. $56 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Lasseter Family Winery Paysage (Sonoma Valey): So big… so brawny… so showy… so in-yo-face… but, dang, also so darn tasty. $62 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Lasseter Family Winery Enjoue (Sonoma Valley): It'd be a very tough job indeed to locate a GSM rose that is more aptly named. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Galerie Pleinair Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Pretty much just as gorgeous as a well-crafted version of its namesake. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Mount Veeder Winery Reserve (Mount Veeder): A compelling performance, starring eminent drink-ability that wins out the day. $100 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Cune Rosado (Rioja): Gorgeous to observe, delicious fruity to drink. Uhm, why the hell are you still here & not at the wine shop? $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 I Stefanini Il Selese Soave (Soave): A sniff will lead to a sip, a sip to a gulp, a gulp to a toast to the arrival of Summer. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Fattoria I Veroni Chianti Rufina Riserva (Tuscany): Chianti decided to strut its stuff with the big boys over at the steakhouse. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Buglioni Il Recioto Recioto della Valpolicella Classico (Valpolicella): Please, PLEASE tell me that one of you brought chocolate. $42 A- >>find this wine<<