So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 15 Nicolas Jay Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Planting violets in potting soil, eating snacks of ripe black cherries & smoked meat. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Gloria Ferrer Brut Rose (Carneros): Finely grained, full of finesse, and probably fabulous with just about any Asian fare. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Cadaretta Windthrow (Columbia Valley): Oak haters gonna hate, but in a few years even they will have love for this brawny SMG. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 McCay Cellars Lodi Native Lot 13 The Estate Vineyard Zinfandel (Mokelumne River): It's soul is blackberry, its spicy heart is pure $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Zocker Paragon Vineyard Gruner Veltliner (Edna Valley): It's not just a game, Zocker! It's a seriously fruity, zesty enterprise! $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Concha y Toro Terrunyo Los Boldos Vineyard Block 5 Sauvignon Blanc (Casablanca Valley): The grass is greener – & prettier – here. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Odfjell Orzada Carignan (Maule Valley): Well-weathered vines are setting a course for licorice shores and truffle-laden lands. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Nobilo Icon Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): The spice is strong with this one. Very, very, *very* strong. Bring Mexican food. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Schild Estate Shiraz (Barossa Valley): Look at this overachiever go; just enough added depth to make you give it a double-take. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Le Grand Courtage Grand Cuvee Brut Rose (France): Lofty label titles, but this is all basically simple, down-to-earth perkiness. $18 B >>find this wine<<