So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Kilikanoon Parable Shiraz (McLaren Vale): Might be hanging on the jammy precipice, but fear not, it's wearing an acidity harness! $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Kilikanoon Killerman's Run Riesling (Clare Valley): Cantankerous, characterful, clever, & otherwise just a total trip to be around $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Alma Rosa La Encantada Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills): You're only as young as you feel, and this obviously feels young. $43 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Alma Rosa Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills): Brawny, beautiful & with a never-say-die, "I think I can! I think I can!" black tea finish $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Alma Rosa La Encantada Vineyard Pinot Blanc (Sta. Rita Hills): Stone fruits, striking flint & telling rather serious stories. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Alma Rosa La Encantada Vineyard Pinot Gris (Sta. Rita Hills): Grapefruit that bulked up, oiled up with cream & is flexing profusely $28 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 Alma Rosa El Jabali Vineyard Chardonnay (Sta. Rita Hills): Starting to get nutty on us, pleasantly & not in a dotage kind of way. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Alma Rosa Chardonnay (Santa Barbara County): Pithy, perky, pleasurable, and still perfectly reasonable, if not transcendental. $19 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Protea Chenin Blanc (Coastal Region, SA): Brought to you in Partridge Family technicolor; So, c'mon, get haaaaaaaapyyyyyyy… $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Glen Carlou Grand Classique (Paarl): Keeps comin' up with that funky ass sh*t like every single day! So… what you wanna do? $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Glen Carlou Chardonnay (Paarl): A lion with a splinter in its paw, but the stone fruits yank it out for her before it's all over. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<