So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Stonestreet Legacy Meritage Red (Alexander Valley): An intriguing character cloaked in leather, licorice, cedar, & plums. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Majolini Altera Brut Rose (Franciacorta): Italian bubbly gets colorful, smooth, persistent, and then completely seductive. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Spell Estate Umino Vineyard Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Broad and soft of fruit, but also broad and focused of intellect. $48 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Spell Estate Terra de Promissio Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Making – and keeping – many seductive, lingering promises. $58 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Barone Pizzini Saten Franciacorta (Franciacorta): There's something undeniably delicious about the heady spell being cast here. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Monteverro Vermentino (Toscana): Tropical fruits, tropical flowers, tropical grasses, tropical ripeness, tropical personality. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Monteverro Verruzzo (Toscana): Maremma gettin' generous, fruity, and downright sexy with the "-eh," as in sex-eeeeeehhhhhhhhh! $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Giesen Riesling (New Zealand): Probably shouldn't be this good… maybe we shouldn't tell them? Oh, wait… we just did… dammit! $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Cune Compania Vinicola del Norte de Espana Vina Real Rosado (Rioja): A pithy breath of refreshing breeze for manning-the-grill heat $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 McCay Cellars Trulux Vineyard Lodi Native Zinfandel (Lodi): Juiciness of fruits, requiring many very large bites; you won't mind. $NA A- >>find this wine<<