So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Domaine Leflaive Clavoillon Puligny-Montrachet Premier Cru (Puligny-Montrachet): Don't like it? Well, don't drink embryos, doofus. $150 A >>find this wine<<
- 12 Chateau Lassegue Les Cadrans de Lassegue (Saint-Emilion): Save some of this deliciousness for later? LOLZ!!! That's pretty funny. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Ascevi Cerou Ronco Superiore Ribolla Gialla (Venezia): We should be pretty friggin' happy they cleared out WWI bombs to plant this $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Barbeito 20 Year Old Malvasia (Madeira): The cognac-and-spices nose alone ought to keep you occupied for most of the evening. $140 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Dutton Goldfield Devil's Gulch Vineyard Pinot Noir (Marin County): A friend of this devil is most definitely a friend of mine. $68 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Spell Wines Umino Vineyard Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): How deep can that cherry fruit go? I'm thinking Outer Core levels. $48 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Tongue Dancer Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Remember those hippo ballerinas in Fantasia? It's kind of like that, only tastier. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Grgich Hills Estate Chardonnay (Napa Valley): You might hate yourself for such a guilty pleasure. But then again, you might not. $43 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Joseph Swan Vineyards Ritchie Vineyard Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Showy *&* refined? Well, yeah, I guess that is possible. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Bacigalupi Estate Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Quintessentially Californian, in just about every good way imaginable. $56 A- >>find this wine<<