So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Cadaretta Southwind Red Blend (Walla Walla): Slicker than a set of silk sheets whisked with petroleum jelly. If you're into that sort of thing. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Dierberg Star Lane Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Happy Canyon of Santa Barbara): Sunny CA fruit meets & Bordeaux-like bramble & herbs working together like Sonic & Tail. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Fields Family Wines Delu Vineyard Grenache Blanc (Lodi): Apparently, we needed to add yet another grape to the long list of varieties that Lodi can deliver on point. $26 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Champagne Henriot Blanc de Blancs (Champagne): Crystalline in appearance, presentation, execution, mind, body, soul, and maybe some other aspects that science hasn't discovered yet, too. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Pascal Granger Chenas Aux Pierres (Chenas): Earthy, spicy, gulp-able red fruit goodness at a thoroughly gulp-able price-point. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Louis Cheze Condrieu Pagus Luminis (Condrieu): This is dreamier than a pop star under the spotlight nailing a ballad during a prime-time Grammys performance. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Bodegas Delgado Zuleta Pedro Ximenez Sherry (Jeres): Basically, it's whispering all sweet nothings, but some nights that's all that you really need. $22 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 San Marzano Anniversario 62 Riserva (Primitivo di Manduria): Primitivo that's neither primitive nor shallow; but bring your Popeye forearms for that big-ass bottle! $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Pats & Symington Quinta de Roriz Post Scriptum de Chryseia (Douro): Chewy, spicy, determined, and in search of a flank steak entree. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Graham's Six Grapes River Quintas Special Edition Reserve Port (Porto): Kind of like Vintage Port, only without the wait, & with a 40% discount. $42 A- >>find this wine<<