So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 La Rochelle Donum Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir (Carneros): Some muscular female body-builders can also be very, very attractive/hot. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 La Rochelle Dutton Ranch Morelli Lane Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Spread the fresh preserves over the brioche slowly, baby. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 La Rochelle Ferrington Vineyard Chardonnay (Anderson Valley): Edgy, generous, lithe, versatile & gorgeous, & demanding a refill. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 07 Ravenswood Sonoma County Old Vine Zinfandel (Sonoma County): Alternatively dark, woody, & tangy; stepping lively through it all. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 Ravenswood Napa Valley Old Vine Zinfandel (Napa Valley): Still going its jammy way, though not with a lot of road left in front. $16 B- >>find this wine<<
- 11 L’Ecole No 41 Estate Luminesce Seven Hills Vineyard (Walla Walla): Heady to start, grassier as it goes, overachieving all the way. $21 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 DeLille Cellars Chaleur Estate Blanc (Columbia Valley): Unctuous, pithy, floral, and a downright inspiring, layered experience. $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 G.H. von Mumm 50 Degrees Riesling Trocken (Rheingau): A spicy meatball, sans meatball and with a ton of lime & peach added instead. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Achaval Ferrer Malbec Cabernet Sauvignon (Mendoza): Tart red plums smoking tobacco under the heft; requires patience to meet, tho. $34 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Signorello SETA (Napa Valley): Seams might be showing a bit, but this is a richly-woven, textural & interesting white tapestry. $42 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Signorello Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Lit stogie, feet up on the ottoman; leather boots still on, & fresh in from farmwork. $75 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Signorello Hopes Cuvee Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Not lacking in complexity, but speaking about it with a rather loud, boomy voice. $70 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 07 Finca La Anita Gran Cosecha Malbec (Mendoza): Lovely, in a fresh-bright-berried, shaking-hands-with-braised-meat kind of way. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<