So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Juve & Camps Essential Brut Xarello (Cava): Essentially, this is crisp, clean, refreshing… and probably a little under-priced. $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Tenute Silvio Nardi Brunello di Montalcino (Brunello di Montalcino): Still a baby; & as energetic as a young kid's mitochondria. $70 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Truchard Roussanne (Carneros): She's so pretty, with all that honeysuckle, lemon blossom, and jasmine tucked up into her curls. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Dusted Valley Stone Tree Vineyard Grenache (Wahluke Slope): Big, bold, bountiful, boisterous, but basically balanced. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Dry Creek Vineyard The Mariner (Dry Creek Valley): Sexy suppleness is the name of the game for 13, it would seem; not complaining. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Pellet Estate Pellet Vineyard Merlot (Napa Valley): Beveled, talented indie actress totally nails it in her big-budget film debut. $75 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Pellet Estate Sunchase Vineyard Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): Strutting its fleshy, glittery stuff; actually, flaunting its stuff. $68 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Gustave Lorentz Pinot Blanc Reserve (Alsace): Bring on the seafood tower, this one is more than ready to take it on with style. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Gustave Lorentz Pinot Noir Le Rose (Alsace): Bright and lovely, red berries dancing happily with red roses in their teeth. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Buena Vista Winery La Victoire Brut (Champagne): Loaded with apples, apricots, toasted bread, and a debonair sense of refinement. $48 B+ >>find this wine<<