So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Casca Wines Monte Cascas Ramisco Tinto (Colares): Stunning example of floral, delicate, dusty strength triumphing by sheer will. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Filipa Pato Nossa Calcario Red (Bairrada): Sporting more mineral freshness than the mountain stream in the Coors commercials. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 94 Blandy's Colheita Malmsey Madeira (Madeira): Old charmer that still has all his wits – & spiced figgy freshness – well-sharpened. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Anselmo Mendes Vinhos Muros de Melgaco Alvarinho (Vinho Verde): Pithy citrus that got dressed to the nines in honey & apricots. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Adega Cooperativa de Moncao Muralhas de Moncao Branco (Vinho Verde): It doesn't get much prettier, vibrant & delicate than this. $13 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 80 Adega Cooperativa de Favaios Moscatel de Favaios Colheita (Douro): Like smoking an orange rind doobie that was rolled by Valkyries $67 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Qualia Pavo Estate Syrah (Sonoma Valley): Charming Griffin-like combo of cool leather & pepper with warm black raspberry & smoke. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Qualia Syrah-Grenache (Sonoma Valley): Leather, pepper, verve & easily-accessible deliciousness; oh, & a side of smoked bacon! $26 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Pertois Moriset Mesnil Sur Oger Grand Cru Brut (Champagne): Enough toast & citrus for breakfast; enough lift to achieve flight. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Elios Mediterranean White (Peloponnese): Familiar stuff (lemon, honey, flowers, vanilla) served up in a refreshing, unfamiliar way $11 B- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Ferguson Crest Viognier (Santa Barbara County): All lovely, friendly peaches-&-cream, and more cocktail-drink-hot than Fergie-hot. $22 B- >>find this wine<<