So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Nieto Senetiner Don Nicanor Blend (Mendoza): Living up to the promise suggested by the sum of its separate silky, vibrant parts. $19 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Kokomo Winery Ruth's Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander Valley): Overacting doesn't necessarily mean not being entertaining. $42 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Gallegos Yountville Charmer Vineyard Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Tough to argue with this charmer's tone & captivating conversations $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 V. Sattui Winery Paradiso Red Wine (Napa Valley): A consummate winner, at turns explosively adamant, & compassionately smooth. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Bodega Dominio Buenavista Veleta Nolados (Granada): Spicy, ripe, meaty, luxuriant & one with which you'd do well not to trifle. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Bodega Dominio Buenavista Veleta Tempranillo Privilegio (Granada): Concentration that delivers, and most decidedly will not break. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Robert Oatley Great Southern Riesling (Great Southern): Cleaner than a slate whistle that's been thoroughly washed in lemon juice. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Davis Family Vineyards Cuvee Luke Saralee's Vineyard White (Russian River Valley): Luke has a cool hand, inside a heady glove. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Vall Llach Idus de Vall Llach (Priorat): Like dark matter – inky black & not lacking for density – if dark matter liked violets. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Crossbarn by Paul Hobbs Anderson Valley Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): No shortage of things to say, no lack of pride in doing so. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Starmont Winery and Vineyards Stanly Ranch Estate Chardonnay (Carneros): Bold, d complicated, big-time; & yet, never losing grace. $45 A- >>find this wine<<