I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2015 Cortes de Cima Touriga Nacional (Alentejo): Like getting intense stares from some very serious black licorice and violets. $NA A-
- 2017 Herdade do Rocim Touriga Nacional (Alentejo): Basically, treating everything – the grip, chewy black-&-blue fruits, & tobacco – but the price tag as large & in charge. $15 B+
- 2017 Bortolomiol Rive di Santo Stefano Brut Nature 70th Anniversary Cuvee (Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore): Emphasizing classiness over exuberance, & totally comfy in its own skin. $NA A-
- 2019 Bortolomiol Bandarossa Millesimato Extra Dry (Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore): Creamy, fruity, & refined, but ultimately you can’t take the true fun-loving spirit out of this one. $NA B+
- 2018 Bortolomiol Ius Naturae Brut (Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore): Elegant interplay between sultry creaminess & fine-lined acidic focus. $NA A-
- 2017 Talbott Vineyards Kali Hart Chardonnay (Monterey County): Laying on the butter a bit in this vintage, but still a dependable, delicious stalwart. $25 B+
- 2018 Steele Wines Parmelee-Hill Vineyard Chardonnay (Sonoma Valley): Apricots, lemons, and enough tang & zing to make you forget about all of that power. $35 B+
- 2017 Dry Creek Vineyard The Mariner Meritage (Dry Creek Valley): Tangy, tasty, & classically framed; if you want pleasure, you’ve got it. $50 A-
- 2018 Dutton-Goldfield Rued Vineyard Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Peaches, lemon cream, lemon blossom, a complex attitude… doing RRV proud, basically. $55 A-
- 2018 Merry Edwards Meredith Estate Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Pomegranate syrup, wild red and black berries, tea leaf, &… F*ck, wow! $80 A