So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Hourglass Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Berry cobbler, plum liqueur glaze, gravel plate, wooden fork, dash of awesome. $155 A >>find this wine<<
- 10 Hourglass Blueline Vineyard Cabernet Franc (Napa Valley): How lovers should meet; nearly exploding w/ tension, power & edginess. $135 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Hourglass Blueline Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Like an emotionally-charged soy sauce/cassis/gravel menage-a-trois. $125 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Hourglass Blueline Vineyard Merlot (Napa Valley): No escaping the complexity, fruity-sweet-sexy largesse, or the general largeness $75 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Hugel et Fils Hugel Riesling (Alsace): Almost sweet but definitely electrifying; maybe the most gulpable Hugel in several years. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 04 Bodegas Franco-Espanolas Rioja Bordon Gran Reserva (Rioja): Familiar like an easy chair, or a bowl of comfort food on a raw day. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Simonsig Kaapse Vonkel Brut Rose (Stellenbosch): Funky floral cool modeena, performed with a side of freshly ripened red berries. $24 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Pina Napa Valley Wolff Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Yountville): Rich, demanding & driven; plums playing hot potato w/ dried herbs $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Pina Napa Valley Ames Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Oakville): Refined, broad, tinged w/ herbs; practically the mayor of Oakville. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Pina Napa Valley D'Adamo Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Both hot & sweet, in a silky, come-hither-big-boy kind of way. $75 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Pina Napa Valley Firehouse Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Rutherford): More like fire-juggling, & nearly worthy of cirque du soleil. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Ferrari-Carano Tresor Red (Sonoma County): Thick enough that you could stand a spoon up in it; but it'd be a mineral-rich spoon! $58 B+ >>find this wine<<