So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 E. Guigal Crozes-Hermitage (Crozes-Hermitage): Peppery panache that's punching proudly above its price-conscious weight class. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Middleton Family Wines Cadaretta SBS (Columbia Valley): Cornucopia of tropical fruits; never-ending, until the bottle's empty… $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Pine Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): A BRR – big, ripe, & robust – wine for the Winter evenings that make you go "Brr!" $64 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Talbott Sleepy Hollow Vineyard Chardonnay (Santa Lucia Highlands): Nothing sleepy about the rich bombast coming out of this glass. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Darms Lane Bon Passe Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): A little more pomp than circumstance, but it's a heck of a show. $60 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Susana Balbo Signature Rose (Uco Valley): Mightily mineral, and delectably delightful, though the lovely stay is a bit too short. $22 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Cusumano Alta Mora Etna Rosso (Sicily): Somewhere between Grenache, Syrah, Nebbiolo, Pinot Noir, and a hearty smoked brisket. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Vie Vite Cotes de Provence Rose (Provence): This one's got precision, poise, and pith, if not a greater sense of grand purpose. $19 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Alcance Carmenere (Central Valley): A lot of spice and herbs, a lot of black fruit, & – importantly – a lot of spunky attitude. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Dutton Goldfield Angel Camp Vineyard Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): Flowers, cherries, blackberries; basically a Farmer's Market. $58 A- >>find this wine<<