So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Pine Ridge Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): If you're fond of sandalwood, then you've found your vinous aroma candle. $80 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cantele Amato Red (Salento): Dark cherries that are sporting enough smoke and stern poker faces for a card tournament in Vegas. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Luca Bosio Vineyards Leda, The Truffle Hunter Barbera (Barbera d'Asti): Easy company, if a bit overly fond of cloying phrases. $14 B- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Hugel et Fils Riesling Hugel (Alsace): Limes, a lingering laugh, a playful attitude, a winning smile, and a steely glance. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Juslyn Vineyards Rescue Red (Napa Valley): Afraid of a little herbs-n-spice in your glass? Just get over it, already, & enjoy. $80 A- >>find this wine<<
- 06 Champagne Jacquart Blanc de Blancs (Champagne): The apples are fresh, sweet, and they're downright thirst – and soul – quenching. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Donnafugata Lighea (Sicily): A lingering, exhaled sigh of relief, with breath that's fresh, floral, fun, & not easily forgotten. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Tenuta Rapitala Nadir Syrah (Sicily): Emphatic statements on the mic from Sicily, delivered on spicy, blueberry pedestals. $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Shah Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): If only this minty, sweet, richly rewarding ride were just a *tad* longer… $150 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Shah Napa Valley Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Coombsville speaking the Chard language of love, with a booming, richly toned voice. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Selbach-Oster Gracher Domprobst Riesling Spatlese (Mosel): Honey-lemon and ginger spread across long slate serving plates. $33 B+ >>find this wine<<