So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Bonny Doon Vineyard Cuvee R Grenache (Monterey County): Pepper, beef jerky, and black cherries, all provided in copious volumes. $48 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Duckhorn Napa Valley Merlot (Napa Valley): Who slipped all those prickly tannins in there? No worries, they’re just ducky by me. $54 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Gaja Sito Moresco (Langhe): Proving once again that the Moresco clan had its sights on the right sites; kudos to the blenders, too $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Barone Pizzini Saten Franciacorta (Franciacorta): Lingering & gentle, long & toasty, fresh & finessed, so… popped & gone. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Chloe Wine Collection Chloe Prosecco (Prosecco): More texture than you’d expect, but you’d better like ’em fun, floral, & fruity! $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Ponzi Tavola Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Bring this to dinner, and everyone at the tavola just might thank you profusely. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Concha y Toro Don Melchor Cabernet Sauvignon (Puente Alto): Fond of your mint? This one will drive your nostrils totally ga-ga. $125 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Glen Carlou Chardonnay (Paarl): A Glen Carlou review? Well, it’s creamy, rich, & vibrant, too! Does that little review work for you? $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Gary Farrell Russian River Valley Selection Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Ok.. soooo… this one is case-worthy at that price $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Churchill’s 10 Year Old Tawny Port (Porto): This is smoky Tawny that’s whispering sweet nothings into your palate’s willing ears. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<