So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Tudal Family Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): Shiny hap[y peeeople hooooolding haaaaands…. aaaaand peaches-grass-&-flowerssssss… $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 08 Tudal Family Napa Valley Cuvee (Napa Valley): Floral *and* jammy? It can be done (when dressed in leather & brambles, apparently). $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Tudal Family Napa Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon (Sonoma County/Napa County): Playing P-Funk, has leather pants on, awkward dance moves. $28 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Tudal Family Clift Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): If you want (black cherry & animal funk) blood… you got it! $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Tudal Family Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (St. Helena): A time capsule harkening back to how Cab was done in Old School Napa Valley. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Steven Kent Winery Ghielmetti Vineyard Petit Verdot (Livermore): Licorice & chocolate will be served, & crowds will be pleased. $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Bonny Doon Vin Gris de Cigare (Central Coast): An engagingly clever art house acoustic performance, dressed in pink & white flowers $19 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Steven Kent Winery Folkendt Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Livermore): The tune is *really* good, if Ripe is your style of music. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Steven Kent Winery Home Ranch Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Livermore): Generous, herbal & fruity but U’ll think Home was Barossa. $65 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Ansgar Clusserath Vom Schiefer Trocken Riesling (Mosel): Electric enough to be hitting the light cycle races on the TRON grid. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Mazzocco Briar Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley): Apparently things are big, juicy, dusty – & finish rather quickly – in the briar. $29 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Robert John Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Promises 75 bones worth of supple, dark-fruit-&-tobacco pleasure; delivers $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Chateau D’Aqueria Tavel Rose (Tavel): It just hurts so damn good, like a red berry decided to give you a serious shiatsu massage. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<