So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Domaine Jean Foillard Morgon Cote du Py (Beaujolais): Has the pepper headphones on, and is digging on some very funky beats. $33 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Domaine Billaud-Simon Chablis (Chablis): There are many ways to describe this, and almost all of them begin with the word Zippy. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 The Woodhouse Wine Estates Darighe Propreitor's Blend Red (Columbia Valley): A smokey room, that room being in the barnyard. $65 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 The Woodhouse Wine Estates Kennedy Shah Reserve Riesling (Yakima Valley): Flowers to start, toast to finish, finesse throughout. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Rodney Strong Brothers Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander Valley): Curvy, sultry, sexy and assertive, this is not for the meek. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): The passion and star fruit version of How to Make Friends and Influence People. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cornerstone Cellars Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Inviting you to scale its herbal, dark-fruited heights. $80 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cornerstone Cellars Stepping Stone Cabernet Franc (Napa Valley): Sweet oak is dominating some sweeeeeeet Cab Franc moves. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Hoopes Vineyard Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Dark of fruit, generous of green herbs, and a fan of the bombastic. $65 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Weingut Wittmann Westhofener Riesling Trocken (Rheinhessen): Stone fruits, pure of heart, and shooting bright citrus laser beams. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<