So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 CUNE Gran Reserva (Rioja): The mark is hit, but here's fair warning – the arrows used are broadheads, and made with some rather thick oak. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Vina Real Reserva (Rioja): Pretty much all of the vivacity, spice, and tasty-chewy dark cherry fruit that you could reasonably be asked to handle. $33 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Vilarnau Brut Reserva Rose (Cava): Bold declarations, along with surprising depth & concentration, from the oft-underappreciated Barcelona native. $16 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Gran Moraine Brut Rose (Yamhill-Carlton): Wait a minute, what? You mean we're not in Champagne? Because I could have sworn we were in Champagne just then… $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Stony Hill Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Sometimes, it's just obvious why standard-bears bear the standard. This is definitely one of those times, folks. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Franc (Oakville): What can a lot of loving attention do to NV CF? It can make it thoroughly kick ass, that's what it can do. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Heitz Wine Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Juuuuuuuuust about perfecting the balance between bold power and spicy, textured elegance. $54 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Concha y Toro Don Melchor Puente Alto Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Puente Alto): The High Bridge just keeps reaching new heights – & adding smidgens of delicious Cab Franc… $125 A >>find this wine<<
- 14 Koyle Costa Pinot Noir (Paredones): On point, for sure, though not totally sure of itself perhaps. Though I am totally sure that you'll want salmon with it. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Brancaia ILATRAIA Maremma Rosso (Toscana): Don't get distracted by the showy outfit this is wearing; what's underneath contains layers of intrigue & depth of character. $70 A >>find this wine<<