So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Johannishof Riesling Kabinett V (Rheingau): Succulent stone fruits, all of moving at CERN large hadron collider energy levels. $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Bonny Doon Vineyard Albarino (Central Coast): Who's feeling perky? Are you feeling perky? Because I'm totally feeling perky now. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Corona de Aragon Special Selection Garnacha (Carinena): Get yer smart, structured, peppery & smokey self to the head of the class! $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Robert Keenan Winery Chardonnay (Spring Mountain District): Alternating pretty deftly between pretty rich and pretty spritely. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Robert Keenan Winery Mailbox Vineyard Merlot Reserve (Spring Muontain District): Funky, young & not going anywhere for a long time $64 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Liparita Cellars Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Will piss off big fruit lovers, but there's no denying this brightness $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Dylan's Ghost Hell Hollow Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Sometimes those speaking with sweet voices can say very dark things. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Tommasi Ripasso Valpolicella Classico Superiore (Valpolicella): As funky as the Ohio Players, and as bright as an LED light bulb. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Champagne Ayala Brut Majeur (Champagne): Refined, and mostly delicate, but don't get cozy; it's got a serious acerbic streak. $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Tommasi Arele Parziale Appassimento (Veronese): Funky and exuberant, fun and fastidious, and fond of thin crust style pizzas. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<