So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Rodney Strong Alexander's Crown Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander Valley): A ripe, juicy, displaying-its-power kind of a crown. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Robert Keenan Winery Mailbox Vineyard Reserve Merlot (Spring Mountain District): Wait for this dark, juicy fist to slowly un-flex. $68 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Middleton Family Wines Inconceivable Queen of Tides Chardonnay (Santa Maria Valley): It's conceivable you'll empty this bottle. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Donnafugata Sedara (Sicilia): Italians like to argue, but there's little serious argument to mount against serving this with pizza. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 P. J. Valckenberg Gewurztraminer (Pfalz): Need your spiced-up, slightly sweetened lychee fix? Here's a capable, steady-handed salve $10 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Zenato Alanera Rosso Veronese (Veneto): Funk, smoke, and dried fruits, but in all the right amounts & in all of the right places. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Lamberti Rose Spumante (Veneto): Perennially consistent, for better & worse, but mostly for the better; fun, if not too charming. $14 B- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Wittmann Riesling Trocken (Rheinhessen): Lemon rind bite, & salty demeanor, because it shouldn't be opened for about 2 more years. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Jean-Claude Mas Cote Mas Brut (Cremant de Limoux): Withhold judgment – but not enjoyment – until you empty an entire vibrant glass $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Ridgeview Cavendish Brut (England): As proper, capable, & well-behaved as Britain's finest, but not nearly as complex as her best. $36 B+ >>find this wine<<