So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Wunsch & Mann Pinot Gris Hengst (Alsace Grand Cru): Taking you back to old school Alsace; squash soup, drizzled with smoked honey. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 96 Domaine Zind-Humbrecht Gewurztraminer Hengst (Alsace Grand Cru): Simultaneously intellectual & insane; imagine complex oyster honey, only it’s actually excellent. $75 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Domaine Zind-Humbrecht Gewurztraminer Hengst (Alsace Grand Cru): Lemon drop and marmalade candy, only they were dropped from the heavens, apparently. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Domaine Barmes-Buecher Pinot Noir Vieilles Vignes (Alsace): For when you need to be reminded that Pinot is supposed to also have earth, balsamic, and freshness. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Domaine Barmes-Buecher Hengst Grand Cru Riesling (Alsace): Still thoroughly an infant, maybe even a zygote; give it a few more years for those limes to blossom. $46 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Josmeyer H Vieilles Vignes Pinot Auxerrois (Alsace): Don’t let the broad melon fruits fool you, this one is energetic enough to act as a battery for most modern electronics. $42 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Siduri Parsons’ Vineyard Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Delivering the generous fruit of the CA sun, but with the flab trimmed. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Simonsig Kaapse Vonkel Brut (South Africa): A classic Cap Classique that that manages to cap off its classy reputation with even more classiness. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Donnafugata Ben Rye (Passito di Pantelleria): Rich, bold, sticky, and triumphantly resplendent, this should excite you if your heart is actually still beating. 375ml $40 A >>find this wine<<
- 15 Podere Sapaio Bolgheri (Bolgheri): Refined, rustic chewiness; bring Bolognese pasta and prepare to be pleasantly surprised. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<