So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Greywacke Pinot Noir (Marlborough): Jammy berry shouts in public, but then deftly composes itself and finishes the night a charmer. $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Greywacke Wild Sauvignon (Marlborough): Sauv Blanc and wood make surprisingly happy marriage; dig that grassy, chalky Boutonniere. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Greywacke Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): Pink grapefruit stacked up like a snowman; dried herbs and fresh veggies for arms and legs. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 08 Poggiotondo Vigna delle Conchiglie Chianti Riserva (Chianti): Vibrant, juicy embrace showing tenderness in most of the right spots $68 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Dunham Cellars Lewis Estate Vineyard Riesling (Columbia Valley): Enough petrol in the tank to put this citric ride into high gear. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Poggiotondo Chianti Superiore (Chianti Superiore): Minerals & meat, funk and leather, fruit serious and sensual, and seriously sensual. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Poggiotondo Rosso (Toscana): A soft, gritty, and brambly retreat; a prosciutto sandwich is pretty much required for entry. $11 B- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Poggiotondo Vermentino (Tuscany): Lemons & nuts that are practically kissing cousins with soapy, floral Viognier, wild and fancy free $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Chateau Bousquette Saint Chinian Prestige (Saint-Chinian): Not won over by the balance, vibrancy and prettiness? Check your pulse!! $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Trimbach Gewurztraminer (Alsace): It likes the spiced life, it’s gotta booogie, at the wine bar toooniiiiiiight, oh yeahhhhhhhh $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Nals Margreid Galea Schiava (Alto Adige): Picture a rosé after its wild strawberries did a serious muscle building workout regimen. $23 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Nals Margreid Lyra Gewurztraminer (Alto Adige): Like a lychee and rose petal perfume, sprayed in your face at point blank range. $13 B- >>find this wine<<