So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Monteverro Terra di Monteverro (Toscana): Close to the vest is how this contemplative, earthy & spicy game is going to be played. $120 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Monteverro Toscana Rosso (Toscana): Lip-puckeringly powerful, broadly generous, & as modern as a Frank Lloyd Wright blueprint. $175 A >>find this wine<<
- 10 Monteverro Chardonnay (Toscana): Marzipan, honey, nuts, toast, orange rind, pears & earth that all want to PUMP… YOU UP! $120 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Amavi Cellars Syrah (Walla Walla Valley): Sweet berry fruit soldiers, military crawling through violets, sage, & dry underbrush. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Owen Roe Ex Umbris Syrah (Columbia Valley): What's chocolaty, 26 bucks, and red-and-blue-berries all over? Take a wild guess. $26 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 DeLille Cellars Doyenne Signature Syrah (Yakima Valley): An Exxon Valdez style oil-thick slick of appealing dark fruit & spices. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Nota Bene Cellars Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Syrah (Red Mountain): Rich plums that are plumbing dark, inky flavor & color depths. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Weinlaubenhof Kracher Beerenauslese Cuvee (Burgenland): Refreshing salinity, elegant femininity, crowdstopping stonefruit affinity $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Chateau de Sours Grand Vin (Bordeaux): Merlot, unadorned & unashamed, through a looking glass, darkly; bargain hunters take note. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Chateau de Sours La Fleur d'Amelie (Bordeaux): Fairly long trip to tropical isles, on a saline sea, via honeysuckle flower boat. $14 B+ >>find this wine<<