So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Chamisal Vineyards Califa Pinot Noir (Edna Valley): Mistake not, this is high-octane Pinot; but the engine is really humming along $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Chamisal Vineyards Estate Pinot Noir (Edna Valley): Cranberry and raspberry making joyous noise during serious chalk eraser fight. $38 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Grgich Hills Violetta Late Harvest (Napa Valley): Lemon drop that puts a cloying, pithy, complex drop of its own on you. 375ml $85 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Grgich Hills Fume Blanc (Napa Valley): A hayride picnic, serving up cheese, melons, pepper, spicy peppers and lots of character. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Grgich Hills Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Think wood-grilled pineapple; sure, it's smoky, but you can't really eat just one, can you? $42 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Grgich Hills Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Not oafish by any stretch, but it's carrying licorice whips with dried herb barbs. $60 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Grgich Hills Zinfandel (Napa Valley): This is fixing to find itself some pizza, only it's fancy gourmet, BBQ-chicken style pizza. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Grgich Hills Merlot (Napa Valley): The nose is California, the palate is Right Bank Bord'x, the mixture is all around sexiness. $42 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Tower 15 Petite Sirah (Paso Robles): Dusty, plummy-sweet vanilla ride that gets bumpy towards the end, but finds its way home okay. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Tower 15 Grenache Blanc (Paso Robles): Pineapple, honeysuckle and limes giving a blackboard lesson with liberal use of chalk. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Tower 15 The Swell (Paso Robles): Could double as a veritable Welcome sign for the gritty, juicy land of Paso Robles red blends. $21 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Edna Valley Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (Central Coast): Carefree tropical living but you still need to enjoy mowing the front lawn. $15 B >>find this wine<<