So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Bonny Doon Vineyard Syrah Le Pousseur (Central Coast): Compelling in its peppery litheness, for those who prefer a lighter touch. $26 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Bonny Doon Vineyard Le Cigare Blanc Reserve (Arroyo Seco): A toasty, burning ember of concoction, ignited by flint and honey. $48 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Erin E Sonoma Stage Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Pretty darned vibrant, & pretty darned promising; & pretty darned pretty. $37 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Wairau River Pinot Gris (Marlborough): Love me some stone fruits. I just don't usually love me them when they're this viscous. $21 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Lieb Cellars Reserve Sparkling Rose (North Fork of Long Island): A glas conjures up a single word, & that word is "delightful!" $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Bodega Vistalba Corte C (Mendoza): If we wish hard enough, maybe we can magically make Summer appear & then grill up some burgers. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Luce Della Vite Lucente (Toscana): Dude, throw that pasta, sauce, sausage & herbs into a pot, stat! This is makin' me hungry! $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 David Bruce Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Roses,blood orange, & baking spices? Yes, & it works. Sort of. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Rodney Strong Symmetry (Alexander Valley): The geometry is round and smooth here, but the wood scaffolding is all a bit much. $55 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Gundlach Bundschu Estate Vineyard Gewurztraminer (Sonoma Coast): Dry, spicy, textured, & begging to be poured when the snow falls. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<