So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Geyser Peak Winery Devil's Inkstand Red (Alexander Valley): Beelzebub's a decent writer, crafting a long dark fruited, herbal tale $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Champagne Ayala Brut Nature (Champagne): Steely, moody, easy to misunderstand, & in search of open-minded palates & souls. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Ferrari-Carano Middleridge Ranch Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): A nuanced, complex, and overall fascinating dining companion. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Dylan's Ghost Stags Leap Ranch Proprietary Red (Napa Valley): All scaffolding now, but what's "coming soon" looks mighty enticing. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Sequoia Grove Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): You've been hit by a very smooth Cabernet criminal, indeed. Dang gone it! $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Sequoia Grove Chardonnay (Napa Valley): A touch of heat doesn't spoil the prettiness of the flickering flame in this bonfire. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Pierre-Marie Chermette Domaine du Vissoux Les Trois Roches Moulin-a-Vent (Beaujolais): A heap of funky, bright, & peppery bliss. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Lieb Cellars North Fork Blanc de Blancs (Long Island): Apples, doing their best interpretation of that clay scene from Ghost. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Pina Firehouse Vineyard Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Silky, sultry, & serious; & it spruces things up with violets $90 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Stemmari Dalila White (Terre Siciliane): How do you argue with such a long, nutty expression? By shutting up & not arguing. $14 B+ >>find this wine<<