So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Two Hands Sexy Beast Cabernet Sauvignon (McLaren Vale): For those who equate lively, complex and occasionally brooding with sexy. $42 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Chateau de Berne Terres de Berne Rose (Cotes de Provence): Bringing bargain rose-petal Provencal flair to sexy-up your Asian fare. $11 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Andre Bourget Cartagene Vin de Liqueur (Languedoc): Has urge to provide sweet fig-and-nut after-party; is well-equipped to deliver. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Christine Nadalie Clos LA Boheme (Haut-Medoc): Edgy, herbal, spicy and rich; I like you, kid, but next time lay off the oak a bit. $21 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Dusted Valley Boomtown Pinot Gris (Washington): For those who want their pithy citrus and fresh-cut veggies served up together. $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Bibi Graetz Testamatta (Toscana): Those looking for bombast will leave empty-handed, missing the hidden theme of supple artistry. $150 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Finca La Anita Tonada Malbec (Lujan de Cuyo): About as close to the bright violets of Cahors as any S. American Malbec is gonna get $19 B >>find this wine<<
- 08 Vistalba Corte B (Mendoza): Malbec, Cab Sauv and Bonarda walk into a bar; Bonarda cracks jokes, the others laugh and order steaks. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 05 J Vintage Brut (Russian River Valley): A real zest for life that more than makes up for a sweet, overly-familiar drawling voice. $48 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Bechtold Silberberg Gewurztraminer (Alsace): How to describe its sweet, rosey, spirited game? Just drink it and be merry already. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Chateau Veronique (Coteaux Du Languedoc): Peppery red berry brightness to give you hope, and tastiness, w/ pulled pork sandwiches. $16 B >>find this wine<<