So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Stony Hill Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Nervy Bordeaux-raised beauty, trying on stylized American perfume and dress. $60 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Quevedo Tawny Port (Portugal): Dried figs and spice with attitude, bite and definite self-knowledge of its crowd-pleasing poise. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Bogle Vineyards Old Vine Zinfandel (California): In which you reap the vibrant, spicy and bold benefits of depressed grape prices. $11 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut (Cava): Apples, apples, apples, apples galore, crisp apples and… hey, did I mention apples? I did? $12 B- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Breggo Savoy Spiritus Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): A brontosaurus that can do ballet? Yep, and it can tango if you give it time. $95 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Poet's Leap Riesling (Columbia Valley): Imagine running a marathon, coming to a station where friendly limes serve mineral water. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 07 Abacela Reserve Tempranillo (Umpqua Valley): Big, bold, dense, but ultimately in need of a puff or 2 of tobacco to calm its nerves $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Story Winery Picnic Hill Vineyard Zinfandel (California Shenandoah Valley): Bright as the Sun, but just about as big and heavy, too $28 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Gustave Lorentz Cremant d'Alsace Rose (Alsace): A meaty, cherry-laden instant mouth celebration, served up in a bakery shop. $24 B >>find this wine<<
- 06 La Fiorita Riserva Brunello di Montalcino (Brunello di Montalcino): Surly but well-read and quick-witted; will tar U w/ chocolate. $95 A- >>find this wine<<