So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Bodega Catena Zapata Catena Alta Historic Rows Malbec (Mendoza): Smooth operator; somehow stays sexy while juggling multiple items $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Domaine Ehrhart Riesling Vieilles Vignes (Alsace): Lime blossom, dancing funkily & long, & is most definitely *not* messing around $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Frank Family Vineyards Zinfandel (Napa Valley): Leather-seated fireside chat between blue, red & black berries, often debating. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Frank Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Sultry housewife, sporting dark eyeliner, & out tending an herb garden. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Frank Family Vineyards Pinot Noir (Carneros): Afternoon tea, coffee, smoke & Slim Jim, pretty much served all at the same time. $33 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Frank Family Vineyards Chardonnay (Carneros): Life is a creamy peach; & then, apparently, you eat a fresh, organic pineapple. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Robert Mondavi Pinot Noir Reserve (Carneros): Replete with the nervy energy needed to carry around all that heft and power. $60 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Lieb Cellars Bridge Lane Rose (Long Island): Lovely herbs-and-flowers garnish to a main course of refreshing pink grapefruits. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Grgich Hills Fume Blanc Dry Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): Pendulum is swinging between "green" & "rich;" buckle up for the ride. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Lieb Cellars Right Coast Red (Long Island): Maybe a bit too much Right Coast for some; in search for turkey burgers for lunch. $25 B- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Chateau de Sancerre Sancerre (Sancerre): Fruity, full, floral, flinty, friendly, almost fabulous, and far from costing a fortune. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 06 JCB No 39 Blanc de Blancs Brut (Cremant de Bourgogne): Beginning to show the wisdom acquired by age; but still has its fun side. $60 B+ >>find this wine<<