So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Bonny Doon Vineyard The Heart Has Its Rieslings (California): Prancing to capture the hearts of both geeks & imbibers alike. $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Bonny Doon Vineyard Vinferno (Arroyo Seco): If this honeyed nectar is hell, then I'm all for having a laugh with the sinners 375ml $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Bisol Desiderio Jeio Prosecco Brut (Veneto): Need an instant celebration? Just add this. Well, & wine glasses. & maybe other people $15 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Anna de Codorniu Blanc de Blancs Brut (Cava): Well now… *this* is an energetic and very fun – and very cheap – date right here. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Dry Creek Vineyard The Mariner (Dry Creek Valley): Confidently continuing its seaworthy, coffee-laden, sophisticated resurgence. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Sol Rouge Cabernet Franc (Lake County): Full marks for that seductive smokiness, but wipe your feet before coming in next time. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Howell Mountain Vineyards Old Vine Zinfandel (Howell Mountain): At 101 years young, these vines have grave, contemplative thoughts $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Isaac Fernandez Seleccion Biutiful Cava Brut Rose (Cava): Raspberry lover? Yeah? Go get yourself a full on case of this one, then. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Famille Hugel Pinot Gris (Alsace): Apricots, nuts, brioche, jam… so, basically, it's the lighter side of the charcuterie plate. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Arnaldo Caprai Montefalco Rosso (Montefalco Rosso): Sometimes silk & earth make for rather compelling & food-friendly bedfellows. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<