So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Steven Kent Winery Lineage (Livermore Valley): Awkward as a newborn gazelle, but will surely leap with elegant grace as an adult. $160 A >>find this wine<<
- 12 Nottingham Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon (Livermore Valley): Everything's dialed up high, but should grow into its spicy, modern skin $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Olema Cabernet Sauvignon (Sonoma County): Dark and handsome, and making for fine company for a thick, juicy, chargrilled hamburger. $22 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Olema Chardonnay (Sonoma County): Pushing you towards the creamy side, but sometimes going there ends up being a nice little trip. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Kracher Auslese Cuvee (Burgenland): High-energy lemon-drop kisses? You are probably not gonna say No to that, are you? 375ml $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Barone Pizzini Animante Brut (Franciacorta): A bit of peach biscuit, a sprig of herbs, a few flower petals, a lot of delightful. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Domaine Grosbois La Cuisine de ma Mere (Chinon): As fresh, inviting, & smooth as a set of washed and pressed cotton sheets. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 P. J. Valckenberg Weingut Liebfrauenstift Riesling Trocken (Rheinhessen): Imagine Lite Brite used as a genuine artistic medium. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Domaine de La Janasse Terre d'Argile (Cotes du Rhone Villages): A large volume of hedonism, for not a large volume of cash. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Chateau d'Esclans Rock Angel' Rose (Cotes de Provence): A strong pink for those who prefer their rock – & their vino – powerful. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<