So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 15 M. Chapoutier Bila-Haut Les Vignes de Bila-Haut Blanc (Cotes du Roussillon): Long name, longer value, for a short stack of cash. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Domaine Laroche Saint Martin Chablis (Chablis): Floral, fragrant, flinty, fresh & fruity; so, there's not much not to love here. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 McCay TruLux Zinfandel (Lodi): Equating the words Zinfandel and Lovely in an elegantly concise winemaking – & drinking – equation. $32 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Gundlach Bundschu Gewurztraminer (Sonoma Coast): Outsized, but absolutely no doubt that it's in fine varietal and imbibing form. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Etude Ellenbach Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Brought to you by the letter B – Bold, Big, Beautiful. As in, totally BAF. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Etude North Canyon Vineyard Pinot Noir (Santa Maria Valley): Familiar enough to get close, darkly intriguing enough to surprise. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Domaine Chandon Blanc de Noirs (California): Currants, class, and a handy penchant for being quite conversant at the dinner table. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Dutton Goldfield Azaya Ranch Vineyard Pinot Noir (Marin County): Spot of blackberry tea. dear? You'd be a fool to refuse this one. $58 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Dutton Goldfield McDougall Vineyard Pinot Noir (Fort Ross-Seaview): Yes, it will age well; no, you will not want to wait anyway. $62 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Stony Hill Vineyard Chardonnay (Napa Valley): A green apple goddess bestowing her mineral pixie dust blessings upon on you. $48 A- >>find this wine<<