So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Mi Sueno Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): This is definitely the kind of dream that you have when sleeping in luxurious, soft, silky sheets. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Louis M. Martini Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon (Sonoma County): Rich, generous, and friend to both grilled burgers and your bank account. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 15 Robert Biale Vineyards Black Chicken Zinfandel (Napa Valley): Aptly named, as this kind of dark, delicious density isn't for faint-hearted drinkers. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Olianas Cannonau di Sardegna (Sardinia): No wonder the locals live so long; you would too, if only so that you didn't miss drinking this stuff on the regular. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Donnafugata Tancredi (Sicily): Rarely does this much serious complexity come in such a forward, friendly, and quaff-ably fruity package. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 CUNE Vina Real Gran Reserva (Rioja): Tempranillo lovers will want to bring a very long straw, so that you can suck out absolutely every. single. last. drop of this little wonder. $47 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Atlantis by Maetierra Albarino (Rias Baixas): Tropical fruits that, while undoubtedly ripe, also usher in sea-breeze levels of freshness. $16 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Aecovi Alexandro Palo Cortado Sherry (Jerez): Orange peel, almonds, and the ability to start and sustain invigorating intellectual conversation. $26 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Szigeti Gruner Veltliner Brut Osterreichisher Sekt (Neusiedlersee): A little Champagne yeasts can go a long, long way. Bring crab cakes & thank me later. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Dopff & Irion Chateau de Riquwihr Schoenenbourg Riesling Grand Cru (Alsace): Open this. Grab cheese. Marvel at the wonders of our universe. $28 A- >>find this wine<<