So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 05 Conde de Valdemar Reserva (Rioja): To find this much leather, funk & sass together, you’d need to get to a Village People concert. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Dr Pauly Bergweiler Wehlner Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett (Mosel): Like vampiric drinking of the souls of limes & honey blossoms. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Estampa Reserve Assemblage Carmenere Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc (Colchagua Valley): Blackcurrant glove, green herbal fist. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 06 Travaglini Il Sogno (Gattinara): Successfully channeling the spirit of a roast beef in balsamic and spiced plum reduction. $125 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Hermann J. Wiemer Dry Riesling Reserve (Finger Lakes): Lithe & sturdy lime bones, juicy, ripe peach muscles, & a floral jumpsuit. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Taittinger Nocturne Sec (Champagne): Did you know they made sweet apricot bread in bubbly form? No? Well, now you know, ok? $95 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Wieninger Gruner Veltliner (Vienna Hills): Buffed up, has been hitting the ripe fruit gym hard & is showing the heft to prove it. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 05 Chateau Mont-Redon (Chateauneuf-du-Pape): With sinister laugh, it extends its dark fruity cloak, inching closer to envelop you… $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Strub Roter Schiefer Niersteiner Orbel Riesling Spatlese (Rheinhessen): Petrol, lime, fennel & a crap-ton of harmony for the cash. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Mulderbosch Cabernet Sauvignon Rose (Coastal Region): Simple stroll on a gravel path, but a lithe & lovely & raspberry-filled path. $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Mulderbosch Chenin Blanc (Western Cape): It’s forging its wool coat for a stint among the tart-but-lush-and-creamy tropics. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Mulderbosch Sauvignon Blanc (Western Cape): Sassy, tossing its grassy boa of sweet citrus & tropical fruit over its shoulder. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Gundlach Bundschu Mountain Cuvee (Sonoma County): Like Gunsmoke, only with prunes & tart red plums, facing off in the dust. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<