So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 08 Altesino Brunello di Montalcino (Brunello di Montalcino): Enough characters at the feast to push the funk into the background. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Tasca d'Almerita Regaleali Bianco (Sicilia): Lively pears with bitter skins that will make for fine company once the snow melts. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Sandeman Vintage Porto (Porto): Really ought to come with Xmas gift tag attached reading "Do not open until about 2031; go away!" $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Amici Cellars Olema Cabernet Sauvignon (Sonoma County): Lighting up one very, very looooooooong and very, very gooooood stogie. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Amici Cellars Olema Chardonnay (Sonoma County): Peachy keen, squeaky clean, but not really all that lean, if you know what I mean. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Amici Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Sexy, plush, and not shy about flaunting it but it most definitely has got "it." $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Amici Cellars Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): For those who like 'em regressing but with just a little more meat on the bones. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 05 WineSmith Second Fiddle FiddleStix Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills): In its best Robert Plant voice, "but the Eaaaaaaarth…" $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 06 WineSmith Mokelumne River Cabernet Sauvignon (Lodi): Smokin' cigars, eatin' dark cocoa, & occasionally laughing amid the brooding. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 03 WineSmith Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Somebody cue up "You Wear It Well"… the Rod Stewart one, definitely not DeBarge, okay? $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV WineSmith Penny Farthing Dry Rose (California): Sweet raspberries, strawberries & flowers out for a sunny park tandem bike ride. $10 B- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Jordan Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Fresh apples from the orchard, & the energy of grade schoolers sledding on a snow day. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander Valley): Sinewy & powerful, like watching a medal-winning sprinter running in slow motion. $53 B+ >>find this wine<<