So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Palacios Remondo La Montesa (Rioja): Sneaks up on you, whispering, low volume but the words are heavy with dense meaning & gravity $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Palacios Remondo La Vendimia (Rioja): The Rioja red welcome center has opened its tart, spicy, sweet-oaky front doors, awaiting you $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 Pewsey Vale The Contours Riesling (Eden Valley): The Never-ending Story, retold with lime, petrol, slate, pith, flowers & toast. $30 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Pewsey Vale Eden B Valley Dry Riesling (Eden Valley): Tropical of fruit, vibrant of mind, dry of character, stern of disposition. $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Langmeil Valley Floor Shiraz (Barossa): Like a young Michelle Yeoh in a leather jumpsuit; powerful, dangerous, focused & stunning. $29 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Langmeil Three Gardens SMG (Barossa): Robust, rustic, peppery & finessed; or, exactly why Barossa can kick ass in the right hands. $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Grgich Hills Merlot (Napa Valley): That fleshy sweet talk might fool some, but it's well in touch with its herbal side, too. $42 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Grgich Hills Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Enters with soft flowers, leaves much later with suggestive leather glove butt-slap $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Cousino Macul Finis Terrae (Maipo Valley): Smooth moves that have sexy-time written all over them; but it's all over so darn fast. $23 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Langlois Brut Rose (Cremant de Loire): Maaaama's lil' baby loves sweet berry-berry, mama's lil' baby loves sweet berry bread. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Beni di Batasiolo Barbaresco (Barbaresco): Slate-&-spices beauty dates leather-&-earth beast; witness their sleeping love child. $43 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Beni di Batasiolo Barolo (Barolo): Calm & collected, but mess w/ its sister & you'll be getting a face full of hearty earthy first $47 B+ >>find this wine<<