So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Pine Ridge Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Black licorice, when it's no longer kids' stuff, & after it's been 'made.' $80 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Maley Brothers Vineyards Lodi Native Wegat Vineyards Zinfandel (Mokelumne River): When "big" & "nuanced" decide to start dating. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Jordan Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Giving a sultry, vivacious nod to Burgundy is, more often than not, a smart thing to do. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Champagne Jacquart Brut Rose (Champagne): Do I want some sweet berry biscuits? Hell yeah, I want some sweet berry biscuits! $49 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Masi Costasera Amarone Classico (Valpolicella): For those who like to chew reds as much as drink them, but still need it vibrant. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Nieto Senetiner Terroir Blend Malbec (Mendoza): Brambly, licorice-filled, topped with mint, and reveling in its sense of power. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Bayten Chardonnay (Constantia): It puts the lime in the coconut, and then serves you homemade butterscotch cookies for dessert. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Sojourn Cellars Durell Vineyard Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): Too rich for the blood of some, just right for the blood of others. $48 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Domaine Grosbois Gabare (Chinon): Certainly lively, but also too funky for its own damn self, & likely for many others, as well. $29 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Argyle Vintage Brut (Willamette Valley): To get more energy than this, you just might need to turn yourself into Electro. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Spell Marimar Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Doesn't skimp on the juiciness, exotic spices, or the length of the exit. $72 A- >>find this wine<<