So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Maryhill Winery Viognier (Columbia Valley): Switch this juicy, rich one up on the Chardonnay drinkers when they aren't looking. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Rodney Strong Rockaway Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander Valley): Density that's best cracked by restraint, or a crap-ton of air. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Famille Hugel Gewurztraminer (Alsace): Why does Fall make wine geeks pine for Gewurz? Sniff this spicy number & you'll understand. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Mulderbosch Cabernet Sauvignon Rose (Coastal Region): Having a lovely day? Popping this will increase the loveliness percentage. $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Pina Napa Valley Firehouse Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Rutherford): Like 'em spicy? U'll wanna spend LOTS of time in this kitchen $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Pina Napa Valley Ames Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Oakville): As usual, the velvety side of the Valley; & also, the funkaay side. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Trivento Eolo Malbec (Lujan de Cuyo): Look past the rough edges of the hard marble, to imagine the artful statue captured within. $79 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Barone Pizzini Naturae Franciacorta (Franciacorta): Pucker up, buttercup; this'll cut through fatty foods like a sharpened rapier. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Barone Pizzini Franciacorta Rose (Franciacorta): Its wit is sharp, its spice bowl is generous, & its fruit bowl even more so. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cusumano Sagana Nero d'Avola (Sicilia): Modernly tailored in plush fabric & sharp trim, but sporting touches that evoke tradition. $45 A- >>find this wine<<