So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Famille Hugel Riesling Classic (Alsace): If a more perfect match is found for turkey/cranberry/stuffing sandwiches, please call me $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Etude Yamhill Vista Vineyard Pinot Noir (Yamhill-Carlton District): Savory enough to be savored, juicy without being juiced up. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Martin Ray Rose of Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Just a look at the deep color tells you that you're in for delightful sipping $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Domaine du Theron Cahors Malbec Prestige (Cahors): Clearly talented, but not quite executing the funk moves as well as it thinks. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Graffigna Centenario Malbec Reserve (San Juan): If you like juicy, dark fruit, but don't get scared in the presence of green herbs. $11 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Quinta de la Rosa 20 Year Old Tawny Port (Porto): For those who like to keep things super fresh with their pecan pie pairings. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Susana Balbo Brioso (Lujan de Cuyo): I've got… huuuuungry eyyyyyyes… I feel the magic betweeeeeeen you and Iiiiiiiiiiiiii… $44 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Domaine Jolly Fourchaume L'Homme Mort Chablis Premier Cru (Chablis): Racier things are found only with an engine & accelerometer. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Santa Carolina Luis Pereira Cabernet Sauvignon (Peumo): In repose, well-dressed, but buff, sexy, & ready/able to kick some ass. $150 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Santa Carolina Herencia Carmenere (Peumo): Still a young upstart, but formidably heavy-duty and certainly meaning business. $100 A- >>find this wine<<