So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 William Hill Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Put this one into the "I want to love it NOW" category; and FTR, it wants to love you, too. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 William Hill Benchland Series Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Struts boldly into the room, all dolled up, dancing to the tune of "Brick House" $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Troon Vineyards Grenache (Rogue Valley): A rogue is right; this one has a pretty face, is a smooth talker, and secretly packs a potent punch. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Domaine du Cros 2014 Lo Sang del Pais (Marcillac): The wily Fer Servidou gets a pretty sleek, glamorous make-over, without losing its rustic soul. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Chateau Lamartine Prestige du Malbec (Cahors): Cot from Cahors that's clean, capable, and a downright steal for the coin for which they're asking. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Chateau Laulerie Bergerac Blanc (Bergerac): Dry action from the Berg that is begging for shrimp tacos out on the deck in the Summertime. $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Domaine Jean-Claude Lapalu Brouilly La Croix des Rameaux (Beaujolais): There is nothing cross about the attitude of this energetic little beauty. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Dow's Late Bottled Vintage Port (Porto): They should probably use a pic of this in the dictionary under the LBV definition entry. $26 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Aecovi Alexandro Amontillado Sherry (Marco de Jerez): A guilty pleasure of nuttiness that will make you forget almost all of the thousand injuries of Fortunato. $16 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Barone Pizzini Animante Brut (Franciacorta): One thing's for sure, this one will animate your palate after some hearty risotto dinner action. $26 B+ >>find this wine<<